Ice cream sandwiches are one of those foods that bring me right back to my childhood. Every summer deserves some ice cream sandwiches and these just really hit the spot.
Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Vegan & Delicious! I sandwiched the cookies with Nadamoo, which is one of my favorite vegan ice creams.
Vegan, Grain-Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream SandwichesCourse: DessertCuisine: American, ComfortDifficulty: Medium
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
1 tbs coconut sugar
2 tbs peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs crushed pecans
1 tsp baking powder
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet (I use Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
- mix all ingredients together.
- roll the dough into 12 balls and place them on a greased baking sheet. press down on the balls with 3 fingers to form cookies
- bake for 13 minutes at 350 degrees
- let the cookies cool for 60 minutes. this step is very important. cooling allows them to form together.
- freeze for another hour
- add about 2 tbs ice cream in between two cookies and enjoy! freeze and enjoy throughout the next couple of days!