Almond Kale Pesto Tacos with Parsnips & Edamame
Tacos are arguably the best food ever created. There is simply so much that you can do with them. My favorite way to eat tacos is by loading them with pesto & a variety of veggies. In this post, I will include how to prepare both the pesto, and the rest of ingredients for the tacos.
Almond Kale Pesto:
- 1.5 cups fresh basil
- 0.5 cups kale
- 3 Tbs slivered almonds
- 3 tbs avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 tbs nutritional yeast
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 squeezed lemon
Coconut Roasted Parsnips:
- 3 parsnips cut & peeled
- 1.5 tbs coconut oil
- veggie pepper to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 tbs paprika
Other ingredients for tacos:
- 4 Siete Casava flour tortillas
- 2 heads of kale massaged
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 3/4 cup organic edamame (frozen)
- handful of red cabbage
1. Mix the oil and spices with the peeled and cut parsnips. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Toss once or twice.
2. While the parsnips are cooking, steam the edamame with 2 tablespoons of water on medium heat. I like them a little burnt, but use your own judgement. They only take a few minutes to cook through
3. While the edamame are steaming and the parsnips roasting, massage the kale with the oil, some salt. Add some lemon to taste, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast (optional).
4. Blend the ingredients for the Almond Kale Pesto in blender.
5. Add about a tablespoon of pesto to each tortilla and spread around. Combine all ingredients in the Siete tortillas. I like to top with red cabbage, micro greens, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts & crushed red pepper.
Enjoy!! These are my fav!!