Roasted Red Pepper "Pesto"
This recipe is great because it is super creamy, & can be adjusted to your spicy-level. I love adding this sauce to a box of Banza pasta. This recipe will yield enough sauce for an entire box so I either suggest making this for 3-4 people, or saving leftovers for lunch!
- 1 roasted red pepper (either from a jar or roasted on your own)
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs avocado oil (optional but very helpful for blending)
- pink Himalayan salt
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 tbs of fresh basil chopped
1. blend all ingredients except the basil together until smooth.
2. Pour over Banza pasta and top with basil and hemp hearts.