Almond Butter Freezer Bombs
I have really been trying to eliminate added sugars from my diet. That does not mean that I won't indulge in vegan baked goods or order lemonade here and there. However, on a daily basis, & when cooking at home, I try to keep that stuff out of the picture. The problem is that at times, and usually around the beginning of my period, I get really intense sugar and chocolate cravings. And I totally believe in giving my body what it asks for. Sometimes I swear that a healthy dose of chocolate greatly enhances my mood.
These are the answer to those cravings. Simple, delicious, and really convenient. I like to make a big batch every few weeks and leave them in the freezer. Knowing they are in the freezer when those cravings hit, or when I feel like having dessert is a great feeling. Heres the recipe. I really hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
- 1/3 cup almond butter (natural & with no palm oil)
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 tbs nut milk
- 3 tbs almond flour
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 8 or 9 pitted dates soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes
- 2 tbs coconut flakes
- handful of dark chocolate chips (use your judgement)
1. in a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Also only use 1 tbs of the coconut flakes (the other tablespoon will be for topping.
2. when smooth, stop blending and manually mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Freeze this mix for 1-2 hours in a freezable container. This will make it easier to roll into balls.
4. Remove from freezer and roll into balls. The size is totally up to you.
5. Coat with coconut flakes. I also like to coat mine with more almond flour but this is not necessary at all!
6. Put the balls back in freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.